Monday, August 12, 2013

Famous Celebrities Are Just Like Us Except for Everything


So I've met maybe seven? arguably famous people.  But those are not interesting stories.*

Here are the two stories about the celebrities I encountered but did not actually meet:

When I lived in LA I (literally) bumped into a very hot famous dude who I cannot name as that would be indiscreet (Kiefer Sutherland).  It was a crowded pub and when I turned to apologize for the bump and ruining his pool shot, I recognized him - but in the, "Hey!  How ya been?" way I have when I know someone but cannot remember their name (anyone who knows me, knows I have the memory of a gnat).

Anyway, I was doing the semi-non-verbal Erm, right?, we know each other help me with your name?, along with, "Hey I haven't seen you since that, uh shoot...over at, uh?"

While he was doing that, Are you fucking serious with your lame ass? + Eye Roll.

Then at the exact same time I realized WHO he was, he realized I hadn't recognized HIM, and it was shame-faced-ness all around.  GAH.  We both mumbled something (or at least I did, as I slinked away).

And such a cutie is the Kiefer....

..................


The other was, Not-BF and I were walking down Santa Monica Boulevard and we saw a smallish guy slouched at an outdoor table.  He was noticeable (for one thing) because he was quite overdressed for the summer weather.  Long black coat, black boots, black beret (this was Back in the Day before such was Cool).

My Not-BF says, "Hey, is that one of the camera guys we had on that last shoot?  Let's go say Hi!"

And then we realized it was AL PACINO.

We did not go say Hi.

We did, however, circle the block one more time.







*Not interesting because I was polite, respectful, and did not act the fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment