Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sidney Lumet

I wish I could say, "I had the great pleasure of meeting Mr. Lumet."

But it was more Me being a stunned befuddled mess in front of both Mr. Lumet and one of the greatest cinematic composers of our times, John Williams.

When I realized who I was being introduced to, my head filled with white noise, I briefly levitated, and some words came out of my mouth.

It doesn't matter now, but at least I had the opportunity to say to them both, as anyone would, "Your work has been such a gift."

Both were terribly gracious to an inane comment they had probably heard countless times before.

To be in the presence of such enormous talent, and at the same time, ordinary people.... one never forgets. I wish I had been more eloquent.

Thank you Mr. Lumet, for what you gave us, rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment