Thursday, July 19, 2012

I'm Not Old Yet


As we all know, when I don't make any effort I tend to dress like a twelve year-old boy.  And for the past two months I have made NO effort.  I've been living in draw-string pants, floppy shirts and the occasional hoodie.  When it's warm I go crazy and wear cargo shorts.

Yesterday I was in my usual Are-those-your-boyfriend's-pajamas? outfit, having a cigarette outside with one of the librarians I see around a lot.  Let's call her Bertha.

We shall call her Bertha, because now you have an idea of what she looks like.  She's in her late 60s, potato-shaped and skinny-legged.  She is a little fleshly around her unfortunate chin(s).

You know who she looks like?  She looks like a friend of your mom's.

As we were chatting we watched a very pretty girl walk by.  I say she was pretty - I didn't look at her face.  She had on a short pink sweater dress that fit her perfectly, and she had a lovely figure, nice and curvy.  Long blonde hair and longer legs.  She was very attractive.

As she passed, Bertha turned to me and said, she said to me right there in front of god and everybody,

"Must be nice to still look like that."

GAH.

I guess Bertha has never seen this shot of me.  Take that, Bert!:

 
Me and my friend 
Yvette SanRegrette, backstage


I promise to start dressing like a girl again, starting a week from tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment