Monday, February 20, 2012

Peru, in limine

The upcoming trip to Peru comes with strings.

While there, I've been told I'm not allowed to leave the hotel without a bodyguard.

A BODYGUARD?  What the FUCK?

Now, I have to say.

I've been all over the world, on my own.  Lived in four countries, visited over 20 on seven continents and can roughly (very roughly) speak three languages (five if I'm bragging).

I don't mean to boast, my point is  - I kinda know what I'm doing when I travel.

If I can make it through Tangiers I think I'm good.

However, apparently ROWD has been threatened with kidnapping - he and anyone he travels with.

The white-haired, blue-eyed Texan who owns the local mine and probably makes no effort with the locals.

I'm shocked, shocked to hear this.

Should be interesting - behaving myself is not my strong suit.




No comments:

Post a Comment