Saturday, January 7, 2012

Online Dating

All of my lady friends* have encouraged me to try the online dating.  They all either have met, or know someone who has met, a fine specimen of a man through Match.com, and I should too.  It's brilliant!  You meet so many people you would have never met otherwise!  There are tons of men out there, Elle, who would be thrilled to go out with you!

You do have to be in the proper mindset, though, to fill out the never-ending questionnaire.  SO MANY QUESTIONS.  And most of my answers would be, It depends.  (The lawyer in me).

And obviously - to make a good impression,  you really shouldn't be depressed when you fill out these things (Me?  Depressed?)

Q:  What is your current state of mind?
A:  South Dakota.

Q:  What mood are you in usually?  Hopeful?  Content?
A:  Bitter.

Q:  When were you happiest?
A:  Right before I started filling out this idiotic questionnaire.

And so on.

I dutifully filled out the questionnaire in a happy positive way; posted a couple pictures, and promptly forgot about it.

Now it's about two months later and I realize I have to actually check the site for emails and such.  I go to my page and it tells me 87 people have looked at my profile - and as a result, I have three emails!

THREE?

Seriously?  Only three.  Three out of 87.  I would have had a better return if I had launched a direct mail campaign.

So now in addition to the five-ish guys I've asked out and been rejected by in person, I'm about to hit triple digits in guys rejecting me online.

Thanks Internets!


*Oddly enough, none of my guy friends think its a good idea.  What's up with that dudes?





2 comments:

  1. Because as guys we know EXACTLY the intent of men on match.com?

    Best post of the year, Elle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember Elle, it only takes one!

    ReplyDelete