Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Watching Time


My front porch faces west, to the Olympic Peninsula.  I can see the Brothers of Hurricane Ridge and every night since I've been home I've been struck with the opal skies of the sunset.  Two nights ago there were horsetail clouds (look it up) and they were pink, gold; arching up like orcas and their little ones under them.

Summer sunsets here last hours - as I write now, at 8:30, the sky is still thick with color.

Being a bit of a fucked-up photog with a medically established lack of frontal-lobe memory ability an art director sort, I've wanted to shoot everything possible to REMEMBER IT.

But you know what?

There is little you can cling to, believing you can make today your own personal  tomorrow.  No matter how many pictures you take, thinking that will enable you to hold your world tight...well you just can't.  And trying can take away what's been right handed to you.

So.

Give, and give more.  Appreciate all the friends that put up with you (and they do - have you been an ass lately?  I know I have been).

Say Thank You for all the love and kindness offered you.

I don't care what the lyrics profess, the sun may not come out tomorrow.

But it may - and be grateful as you watch the sunset.


No comments:

Post a Comment