Monday, August 15, 2011

Not the Least Bit Girlie


I can't believe I forgot to write about this.  Actually I can.

My friend Chippy sherpa-ed one of my cats here to Seattle, so me, Chippy and the two cats were picked up by Autumn to stay at her place when we arrived.  That night was a bit of a party with friends, beer and I think someone was smoking ciggies.

Autumn and I had discussed Chippy taking the guest room and Autumn and I sleeping in her room, so as the night winded up (after a very long day, let's be honest) I hit the bed.

I offer this background because it might make me look less ridiculous as I tell this story.

In the morning, I wake up blurry-eyed and No Autumn.  I lurch around and start making the bed.  Autumn swings into the room.

"Hey", I said, "You must've hit the couch...?"

Now, Autumn is full of love and laughter, but I have NEVER seen her bordering on giddy hysteria like I did that morning.

"OH. MY. GOD!" she announces, barely able to contain herself she's so tickled.

Which of course I start getting tickled, just seeing her.

"What is so funny?"
"Elle!"
"WHAT?"
"Don't you REMEMBER?"

All I remember was toddling up to bed and putting on my boyish but sexy jammies (is there anything more appealing than a girl in pajamas, pajamas that...okay well...).

Anyway, as far as I could recall I pulled on my little pjs, crawled into my side of the bed and went very sweetly to sleep.

Which cracked Autumn up to no end.

"You were splayed all over the bed and SNORING LIKE A SAILOR!"

"WHAT?  No way, dude!"

Apparently I was flailing around and there was no room for her; I even flung a leg over her, and she tried to get me to turn over ("Elle, ELLE!  MOVE!") but I'd have none of it.  My snoring was SO LOUD she could only take it for like ten minutes.

So she retreated to the downstairs couch.  Even then she was grateful she CLOSED THE BEDROOM DOOR, that's how obnoxiously I was snoring.

Yeah, I'm a Hottie.



No comments:

Post a Comment